Cartilage or Meniscus Tear Treatments

Cartilage or Meniscus damage is a relatively common type of knee injury.

Our orthopaedic consultant surgeons specialise in diagnosing and treating symptoms caused by cartilage or meniscus damage.

If you are concerned about severe or persistent pain caused by cartilage or meniscus damage in your knee you should speak to your GP. You can ask to see one of our orthopaedic consultant surgeons privately without any long delays.

What treatments are available for Cartilage or Meniscus Damage?

There are a number of surgical and non-surgical treatments that can help relieve symptoms of damaged cartilage, depending on how severe the damage is, including:

Which consultants treat Cartilage or Meniscus damage?

Consultants who treat Cartilage or Meniscus damage:

The most suitable type of treatment for you will be discussed at your appointments with your surgeon.

Want to be seen privately?

Whether you have medical insurance or decide to fund your care yourself, we deliver the very best of healthcare in a friendly and safe environment.

You will be offered an appointment at the earliest convenient date for you.

For information about booking an appointment you can contact us on 01744 746 425 or

The information on this page is for reference only and has been reviewed by appropriate medical or clinical professionals. The information contained on this page should not be a substitute for professional medical advice nor is it intended to be for medical diagnosis or treatment.