We welcome visitors to patients but have set visiting times in place to ensure patients get adequate rest.
Visiting hours are from 2pm until 8pm however visits may be restricted in the patient’s interest following their procedure at the discretion of nursing staff. Visitors are requested to sign in at the Reception desk upon arrival.
We would advise patients under going daycase surgery to have a friend or relative bring you into hospital and take you home. You will be advised prior to admission if somebody will need to stay with you after discharge.
In exceptional circumstances, if you do require a visitor to stay with you throughout your daycase admission, please speak to the nurse in charge.
- Please discuss with the nurse in charge if you need to visit outside of visiting hours.
- Please discuss with the nurse in charge before bringing children onto the ward.
- Please do not visit if you are feeling unwell.
- We request that all visitors use alcohol disinfectant provided on the ward when visiting.
- Only registered guide dogs or hearing dogs for the deaf are allowed in hospital grounds or premises.
- Light refreshments are available for visitors if required. However, there will be a charge for this.
- Please note that smoking is not permitted anywhere in the hospital, buildings or grounds.
In certain circumstances we can provide reasonably priced bed and breakfast for visitors. Please contact the Admissions Department on 01744 746 412.