Knee Ligament Injury Treatments

Tearing a knee ligament can cause pain and might feel that your knee is unstable or keeps giving way.

By Andrew Hatfield
Updated: 12th June 2023

Medically reviewed by

If you have torn your anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in your knee, you may need to have reconstructive surgery.

If you are concerned about severe or persistent pain caused by a torn or ruptured knee ligament you should speak to your GP. You can ask to see one of our Orthopaedic Consultant Surgeons privately without any long delays.

Our Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeons specialise in diagnosing and treating symptoms caused by a knee ligament injuries and offer a range of non-surgical and surgical treatments.

What treatments are available for ACL?

Treatments for ACL include:

Which consultants treat Knee ligament injuries?

Consultants who treat Knee ligament injury:

Want to be seen privately?

Whether you have medical insurance or decide to fund your care yourself, we deliver the very best of healthcare in a friendly and safe environment.

You will be offered an appointment at the earliest convenient date for you.

For information about booking appointment you can contact us on 01744 746 425 or

The information on this page is for reference only and has been reviewed by appropriate medical or clinical professionals. The information contained on this page should not be a substitute for professional medical advice nor is it intended to be for medical diagnosis or treatment.