Professor Kayvan Shokrollahi is a Consultant Burns and Plastic Surgeon, Editor-in Chief of Scars, Burns & Healing journal, Associate Editor of Annals of Plastic Surgery journal and Chairman of the Katie Piper Foundation charity.
His practice has a strong focus on safety and natural results. In addition to a broad range of general, reconstructive and cosmetic practice he has international repute for certain aspects of laser treatment, skin oncology, and scar treatments:
- All aspects of lasers: Skin rejuvenation, ‘scar-less’ removal of skin lesions including some moles and skin cancers, multiple skin tags, warts and verrucas, and scars.
- Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing for Rhinophyma and Xanthelasma.
- Pioneering photodynamic therapy (PDT) combined with laser treatments for skin cancers to avoid surgery, avoid skin grafts or reconstructions and minimise scarring for which he has international expertise.
- Scar and burns rehabilitation
- Cosmetictreatments and surgery.
Professor Shokrollahi graduated from Bristol University with both a Bachelor of Science degree with first class honours in Cellular and Molecular Pathology and a degree in Medicine. He also gained Master degrees in Medical Engineer and Medical Law. He became a Hunterian Professor of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2007. He lectures nationally and internationally and is currently writing his 4th textbook related to his fields of expertise.
Outside of medicine he is an accomplished pianist-composer with his original music played on international radio such as Classic FM.