Mr Naweed Shahid is a Consultant Gynaecologist, accredited by Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and have special interests in urogynaecology (prolapse and urinary incontinence), laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery and colposcopy. In addition, Mr Shahid has skills in general Gynaecology and look after patients with menstrual disorders, fibroids, endometriosis and menopausal problems.
He was awarded his fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh and membership of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in London. Mr Shahid trained in the Northwest Deanery and achieved advanced training in laparoscopic surgery, urogynaecology and colposcopy. He has been working as a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist in Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust since 2008.
Mr Shahid has practising privileges and rights to admit patients for major surgery at BMI Alexandra Hospital Cheadle, BMI Beaumont Hospital Bolton, Spire Manchester Hospital, Fairfield Independent Hospital in St Helens and The Wilmslow Hospital HCA in Wilmslow, Cheshire. He provides a high standard of individualised care to his patients, and he strongly believes in shared decision making with his patients when choosing between different options for treatment.
Mr Shahid has extensive experience in laparoscopic (minimal access/keyhole) surgery, including procedures for uterine and vaginal prolapse. He performs 90% of hysterectomies laparoscopically (keyhole surgery) or vaginally avoiding an abdominal incision. He offers all types of prolapse surgery, including surgery without the need for a hysterectomy. Mr Shahid has performed significant numbers of surgical procedures for female urinary incontinence and can offer all the recognised procedures, including laparoscopic surgery when required.
He also provides an extensive range of office gynaecology procedures, and he is an accredited colposcopist.
Mr Shahid has a wealth of experience in treating menopause. He also believes in providing individualised, confidential care and professional treatment to help his patients through this major life-stage.
He is also trained in performing the Mona Lisa Touch vaginal laser procedure for vaginal symptoms of the menopause both for postmenopausal women and women who have undergone cancer treatment and suffer from symptoms due to lack of estrogen.
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG)
- British Society of Urogynaecology (BSUG)
- International Urogynaecology Association (IUGA)
- United Kingdom Continence Society (UKCS)
- British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (BSCCP)
- British Menopause Society (BMS)
- British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy
- Conservative and surgical management of pelvic organ prolapse
- Conservative and surgical management of urinary incontinence including non-mesh surgery such as laparoscopic and open colposuspension, autologous sub-urethral fascial sling.
- Laparoscopic and open surgery for prolapse of the vagina and womb including Laparoscopic hysteropexy/colpopexy ,
- Vaginal surgery for prolapse including, anterior repair, posterior repair Manchester repair, sacrospinous fixation , colpocleisis
- Urodynamic testing
- Benign Gynaecology
- Laparoscopic/vaginal hysterectomy
- Myomectomy (removal of fibroid) – laparoscopic and open
- Laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy
- Laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis
- Outpatient hysteroscopy
- Outpatient removal endometrial polyp (TruClear)
- Outpatient endometrial ablation (Minitouch)
- Outpatient Bulkamid urethral bulking injection for stress urinary incontinence
- Outpatient Botox bladder injection for overactive bladder
- Colposcopy and outpatient loop excision treatment (LLETZ) of precancerous cells of cervix
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Non hormonal treatment
- Management of vaginal and bladder symptoms of menopause
- MonaLisa Touch